Canada is one of the world’s sought-after destination for tourism. With world class natural beauty in The Rockies, tourists love to visit Jasper, Banff, and other tourism destinations in western Canada. Canada is also business friendly and every year lots of business people come to conduct their business in Canada.

With Canada known in the world for its commitment for family reunification, lots of visitors come to Canada to visit their family members.

Still there are visitors who are only transiting in Canada.

Visitors are persons who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada, and are legally authorized to enter Canada to:

  • visit Canada on holiday (vacation),
  • visit family,
  • conduct business, etc.

Visitors are restricted in length of stay and subject to various conditions.

Do I need a Temporary Resident Visa?

Persons who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada may require a Visa or Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to enter Canada.

If you have ever been granted a permanent residence or landed immigrant status in Canada, you may still be a permanent resident. A visitor’s visa cannot be issued to you if you are a permanent resident, however, if you no longer want to be a permanent resident and still want to visit Canada, there are certain steps that needs to be followed.

Contact us to find out if you require a visitor visa or eTA.